Today we kick of our celebrations for Breakfast week which runs from 25th-31st January (add it to your diary). The purpose of the campaign is to raise awareness of the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast and demonstrate the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce available around this fine country of ours. We ask you, the good people of Britain – where would your dippy eggs and soldiers be without toast? What on earth would do with jam!? And how lonely would your butter be?
Oh nutty, crunchy, seeded and delicious Vogel’s toast let us count the ways you make our mornings better…
1. Nut butter on Vogel’s Wholemeal & Oat toast. Smooth or crunchy, peanut or almond there’s nothing closer to perfection in the morning – plus it’s full of protein, healthy fats and fibre to keep you going ’til lunch.
2. ‘The Classic’ Salted Butter on our Sunflower & Barley toast – doesn’t get simpler and is a hard favourite to beat!
3. Soft Boiled Eggs with Vogel’s Soya & Linseed Soldiers – Pick, dunk and CRUNCH. Due to the seeds in our toast you will have a guaranteed crunchy soldier for dunking – no flimsy troops on parade at our breakfast table.
4. Honey on Vogel’s Sunflower & Barley bread – that Winnie the Pooh was a wise old chap even if he did get his head stuck in the honey pot!
5. Poached Egg, Smoked Haddock and Wilted Spinach on Vogel’s Original Mixed Grain toast – one for the posh weekend breakfasts in bed over the papers.
6. Jam and Peanut Butter Vogel’s Sunflower & Barley Sandwiches – an american take on our seeded blighty bread but this sweet and nutty combo is truly delicious for a quick breakfast on the go!
7. Cheese and Tomato Toasties with Wholemeal & Oat – it’s a cold and rainy Sunday morning and all you have left is some cheese and a loaf of Vogel’s in the freezer… it’s got to be a toastie.
We could keep counting the ways in which our bread makes Britain’s morning happier but we would quite like to hear some of yours now, have we missed any? Let us know in the comments box below. Happy fast breaking!