Sweet potato crackling
yes, you can get crackling from a sweet potato!
28 October 2015 / Recipes
Preheat oven 200°C
Cooking time 1 hour
2 slices Vogel’s Soya & Linseed
One onion, finely sliced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 x Sweet potato
Sprinkle of paprika
Coriander, couple of sprig
Red amaranth cress or your standard cress if hard to find (optional)
Edible flowers (optional)
1. Peel and chop two sweet potatoes and lightly sprinkle with salt and paprika.
2. Pop the sweet potatoes into the oven at 200°C and leave to bake for 45-50mins.
3. Fry the onions and garlic until almost burnt in one tablespoon of coconut oil while the potatoes bake to create a crackling texture.
4. Once soft and brown, remove the onion and garlic from the heat and put to one side.
5. When the 45-50 minutes is up (ensuring your potatoes are soft and golden) remove from the oven.
6. Mash sweet potato using a fork and combine with the onion and garlic mixture. Roast for a final 10 mins.
7. When the potato is nearly ready, pop two slices of your favourite Vogel’s loaf into the toaster (we have used Soya & Linseed but take your pick!).
8. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and spoon and spread onto your Vogel’s.
9. Top with some coriander seeds, flowers and amaranth and away you go!