CRUSHED PEAS ON TOAST WITH FETA AND PEA SHOOTS
Spring has sprung – the blossom is on the trees, green shoots are poking through the ground wherever you look and the sun is making an appearance – at least for now! You might be finding you’re after a lighter, fresher, midweek lunch or a special spring-like brunch to welcome in the new season. So why not give our new recipe a go…
150 g frozen peas
¼ lemon, juiced and zest finely grated
1 spring onion, finely chopped
4 mint leaves, finely chopped
2 slices Vogel’s Soya & Linseed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp feta cheese
a handful pea shoots
¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Put the peas in a bowl and pour over 300 ml boiling water. Leave to defrost and warm through for 3 minutes.
- Drain the peas, then crush with a fork or whizz with a stick blender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, spring onion and chopped mint, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread on a hot griddle pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pile on the crushed peas and crumble over the feta, then garnish with pea shoots and chilli flakes.