Fun, cute and super tasty! These mini pizza cups are packed with nutrients, easy to make and the perfect lunchbox size.
This recipe will make more homemade tomato sauce than you need but it freezes well and it great in lots of other dishes, win-win!
For the tomato sauce
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 sticks celery, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the onion, celery and carrots in the olive oil for around 20 minutes, or until soft
- Add the pepper and cook for 10 minutes more
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and seasoning. Simmer for half an hour
- Whizz to a smooth sauce using a hand blender
For the pizza cups
300g tomato sauce (as above)
60g diced pepperoni
60g cheddar cheese, grated
Oil spray, for baking the cups
6 slices Vogel’s No Bits Seeded White
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven 180C
- Roll bread out thinly using a rolling pin
- Spray both sides of bread with oil, then use it to line a muffin tin. Don’t worry if it looks messy – that’s part of the fun!
- Brush the bottom of each cup with the beaten egg, then bake for 10 minutes
- Fill each cup with tomato sauce, top with pepperoni pieces and grated cheese
- Return to the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.